Let's just review some of the incredible jobs our brain does for us every day.
It controls body temperature, blood pressure, heart rate and breathing!
It is constantly absorbing information from the external world through our senses so we can stay safe, learn more and evolve.
Thinking, dreaming, reasoning and emotions all begin in the brain!
Not only can we protect our brain from harmful neurotoxins, we can optimize our brain function too.
Harmful Neurotoxins to stay away from:
1) Aspartame: This harmful chemical is found in 6,000+ products around the world, including carbonated soft drinks, chewing gum, confections, gelatins etc.
2) Trans Fats: yet another reason to stay away from trans fat! Most trans fat is formed through an industrial process that adds hydrogen to vegetable oil, which causes the oil to become solid at room temperature. This partially hydrogenated oil is less likely to spoil, so foods made with it have a longer shelf life. Some restaurants use partially hydrogenated vegetable oil in their deep fryers, because it doesn't have to be changed as often as do other oils. Gross!
3) Artificial colours and flavours: Try to avoid food that states artificial flavouring in the ingredient list if you don't want to be adding chemicals into the food you eat.
4) Chemicals in laundry detergent and cleaning supplies: Go natural when it comes to laundry detergent, deodorizers and cleaning supplies so you are not putting harmful chemicals in the body, on the body or breathing it in. We have a wide selection of natural products in store.
We have a local product, GoZero we are in love with. Their Zero Waste Detergent works wonders on laundry, dishwashing and just general cleaning, We love the dual purposes it offers and the eco-friendly nature of the product and packaging.
Add GoZero to your cart
How to Boost your Brain Power
These are just a few recommendations from Alive. 1) Drink Green Tea: According to research out of McMasters University which has been published in the Journal of the American Chemical Society, epigallocatechin gallate (wow that is a mouth full!) which is found in green tea, may stop beta-amyloid plaques linked to Alzeimer's from forming.
2) B for brain!: Vitamin B-complex acts as coenzymes for a wide range of chemical functions in the body, including those in the brain. B vitamins may also help reduce homocysteine levels that can be linked to stroke.
3) Ginkgo biloba: The herb improves blood flow to the brain and may be helpful in slowing the progression of dementia
4) Lions Mane: More and more studies, including one published in the International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms, show that lion’s mane mushrooms may help build new brain and nerve cells
Lion's Mane Iced Tea is a great summer thirst quencher and is 10% off for the remainder of July. Click the picture to add it to your cart!